Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Raul Jimenez underwent an operation on his fractured skull following a clash of heads with Arsenal defender David Luiz during Sunday's game, the Premier League club said on Monday.
The Mexican forward needed oxygen on the pitch before being taken off on a stretcher and rushed to hospital.
“Raul is comfortable following an operation last night, which he underwent in a London hospital,” Wolves said in a statement.
“He has since seen his partner Daniela and is now resting. He will remain under observation for a few days while he begins his recovery.
“The club would like to thank the medical staff at Arsenal, the NHS paramedics, hospital staff and surgeons who, through their skill and early response, were of such help.”
Jimenez, 29, scored 17 goals as Wolves finished seventh in the Premier League last season.
- WBBL 2023: Adelaide Strikers defends title, beats Brisbane Heat by three runs in final
- Pro Kabaddi League: Full list of complete squads of all 12 teams in PKL 10
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- PKL 2023: Full squad list of all 12 teams after Pro Kabaddi League season 10 auction
- Which player has most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League history?