Bayer Leverkusen star Julian Brandt insists he could be happy staying in Germany, despite links to Liverpool.
Brandt, 20, is a four-time Germany international and is reportedly a target for Jurgen Klopp, while Real Madrid is also said to be interested.
But it seems Brandt, who is contracted until mid-2019, may yet be content remaining in the Bundesliga.
"You can take the step [abroad], but I don't think you have to," he told DW.
"Those that back themselves to do it have nothing in their way. I don't think it's a bad thing to try and find your feet abroad. Julian [Draxler] and Leroy [Sane] are the best examples of that right now.
"They are both young players and have huge futures ahead of them."
Brandt has two goals and six assists in the Bundesliga this season, with Leverkusen sitting eighth in the table.
With Roger Schmidt's side eight points off the Champions League places, it could lead Brandt to make a move to feature in Europe's top continental club competition.
"I think the allure of being world famous is normal. It would be a lie to say it wasn't alluring, but where and when you never know," he said.
"Football moves so quickly, and as quickly as things develop positively, they can also go south and see you slip into a place where you're forgotten."
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah removes Maxwell, Carey in quick succession; Australia loses five wickets
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Sathiyan, Manika qualify for R-16; Sreeja, Harmeet in action
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals