Chelsea should be fighting for the Premier League title under Maurizio Sarri this season, according to Ashley Cole.
The 2016-17 champion has started the campaign in strong fashion, following up a 3-0 win away at Huddersfield Town with a 3-2 victory at home to Arsenal.
Cole, who was part of Chelsea's title-winning side of 2009-10, thinks his old club should be aiming to topple Manchester City this term, even if many do not feel it is the clear candidate.
"Chelsea have gone about their business a little bit quiet in terms of having a new manager," the LA Galaxy full-back said to ESPN FC.
"They should be fighting for the title, but I don't think people are [thinking that way] at the minute. To get six points from two games, it's a fantastic start. They've just got to keep going."
Cole was a double Premier League champion with Arsenal, which has started the campaign with back-to-back defeats to City and Chelsea.
The results have led to some early criticism of new head coach Unai Emery, but Cole is confident things will quickly improve.
"With Arsenal, there's a new manager still, but I think the first two games they had were very, very difficult, so I think they'll start picking up points now," he said.
Cole added that it is strange not to see former manager Arsene Wenger in charge, although he believes the end of last season was the right time for the 68-year-old to leave.
"I used to watch the games with [Wenger] in the long jacket and you don't see that no more," he said. "But times change, people move on, and I think it was his time to go. And obviously they've brought in a new manager with new ideas and a new philosophy.
"I think it might take a little bit of time, he has to gel the players together, he's got a few new players. To put his philosophy across and how he wants to play, I don't think it's going to happen straight away."
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Bumrah removes Carey; Glenn Maxwell arrives at the crease
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 action now
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals