Cesc Fabregas hopes Eden Hazard extends his stay at Chelsea, but said the star attacker has always liked Real Madrid.
The Belgium international revealed this week he had made a decision on his future and would announce it "soon".
Hazard, 28, has long been linked with a move to Madrid, but is contracted at Stamford Bridge until 2020.
His former team-mate Fabregas, who moved to AS Monaco in January, is holding out hope Hazard will stay at Chelsea.
"Let's see what he decides to do. He has a year and a half left and he is happy at Chelsea and so is his family," he told Radio Marca.
"But in the end they are very personal decisions. He likes Madrid and he has always said it. Hopefully he will renew with Chelsea, but if he does not he will finish in Madrid."
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- IND vs AUS 3rd T20I Dream11 Prediction: India vs Australia predicted playing XI, line-ups, full squads
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: India, Qatar, Saudi Arabia lead ticket sales after release of second batch
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS Live Streaming Info, 3rd T20I: When and where to watch India vs Australia T20 series live?