Manchester City forward Erling Haaland broke the Premier League record for most goals in a season with a strike against West Ham United at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester on Wednesday.
It was his 51st goal for Manchester City in all competitions this season and the 35th goal in the Premier League, breaking the record of Alan Shearer and Andy Cole of 34 goals (in one season).
Cole and Shearer previously shared the record across the entire Premier League era, scoring 34 in 1993/94 and 1994/95, respectively, when the season had 42 matches.
The goal came in the 70th minute when a through ball by Jack Grealish was taken control of by Haaland, who then lobbed it expertly over Lukasz Fabianski to double Manchester City’s lead and get his name on the scoresheet.
The Norwegian took just 31 appearances to reach the feat. He has scores the most goals in English top division since 1967, when Ron Davies had netted 37 goals.
- Inter Miami 3(5)-3(4) Cincinnati, US Open Cup Semifinal Highlights: Messi-led Maimi reaches final after winning penalty shootout
- BWF Badminton World Championships 2023, Day four: Indians in action, IST Timings, streaming info
- World Athletics Championships 2023 Day Six: Indians in action, timings, streaming info
- When is US Open 2023 draw ceremony?
- Cincinnati vs Inter Miami LIVE streaming info, US Open Cup semifinal: When and where to watch Messi play?