Marouane Fellaini has revealed he is still in contact with "special" Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho but ruled out a January reunion.
The 32-year-old played under Mourinho at Manchester United and has been touted as a target for Spurs ahead of next month's transfer window.
But while having a lasting relationship with his former boss, who was appointed by Tottenham in November, Fellaini is happy in the Chinese Super League with Shandong Luneng.
"Jose is special for me. We text each other, we call each other from time to time," he told Eleven Sports.
"He's taken over at Spurs and he's doing well. I wish him all the best. But I am good where I am now."
Fellaini moved to China in February 2019 and helped Shandong to a fifth-placed finish in his first season with the club.
- Al Nassr vs Al Riyadh LIVE SCORE, Saudi Pro League: NAS 3-1 RYD, Cristiano Ronaldo scores and assists for Al Nassr
- Russia says IOC rules for Russian athletes ‘discriminatory’
- Real Madrid boss Ancelotti expecting Vinicius to return in January
- Volleyball Club World Championship: Ahmedabad Defenders loses to reigning champion Sicoma Perugia, out of semis race
- Olympic chiefs give green light to participation of Russian athletes as neutrals