Marcus Rashford is targeting a return to Manchester United following the upcoming international break, three months after his last competitive game — the European Championship final.
Rashford has been in recovery from a shoulder operation. He was last seen on a football field missing a penalty for England in the shootout loss to Italy at Wembley Stadium.
“I see the doctor on Friday for a consultation,” Rashford said on Twitter . “All being well, I will get the green light to join in with contact training again.”
He has been training since August, but it hasn’t been full contact.
United plays Everton on Saturday before its players go away to play for their respective countries. United's first game after the international break will be away to Leicester in the Premier League on October 16.
Rashford’s return will add to the selection dilemmas facing United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, with Mason Greenwood, Jadon Sancho, Edinson Cavani, Anthony Martial and often Paul Pogba competing for two places in United’s four attacking spots alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Bruno Fernandes.
United has lost its last two games, in the English League Cup and the Premier League, 1-0 at Old Trafford. The team plays Villarreal at home in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Kapp jolts UPW early, removes top order
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Updates, Dabang Delhi vs Patna Pirates: Lineups out, later Gujarat Giants lock horns with Haryana Steelers at 9
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 0-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Real-time match updates and more
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Maiden First-Class ton after 110 overs of keeping: Hardik Tamore’s grit takes Mumbai to safety in Ranji quarters