Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri admitted his surprise over Eden Hazard's contract situation as the Blues star continues to be linked with Real Madrid.
Hazard is out of contract in 2020 but the Chelsea attacker is yet to re-sign at Stamford Bridge amid ongoing speculation regarding a move to Madrid.
Chelsea could be forced to sell Hazard as his deal runs down and Sarri conceded: "Yes, I am a bit surprised [it has gone on this long].
"But I don't know the past so I can't say anything. I think it's normal. You have to manage 25/28 players. It's a routine."
Responding to suggestions Chelsea has little control over the situation, Sarri told reporters: "I don't think so. The club can decide for him."
Sarri added: "I think it's right that the club knows the future and has the chance to programme [plan] the future."
Belgium international Hazard scored his 100th goal for Chelsea in its 2-1 Premier League win over Watford on Wednesday.
The 27-year-old has scored four goals in his last four games as Chelsea prepares to face Crystal Palace on Sunday.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr LIVE Score, HIL 1-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs
- F1’s Williams Racing re-signs Logan Sargeant for 2024