Everton has signed Andros Townsend on a two-year deal after the winger's contract at fellow Premier League club Crystal Palace ended, the Merseyside outfit announced on Tuesday.
A veteran of nearly 250 Premier League appearances with Tottenham Hotspur, Queens Park Rangers and Newcastle United, England international Townsend spent five seasons with Palace and is Everton's first signing under new manager Rafael Benitez.
"Everton is a massive football club and has big ambitions next season. As the old cliche goes, it was a no-brainer," Townsend, 30, told the Everton website.
"Rafa is very experienced. He does a lot of work on the tactical side on the training pitch, he leaves no stone unturned. He's a great man-manager and he's always talking to you. I'm sure he will be very successful here," he added.
Everton, which finished 10th last season, begins the new league campaign at home to Southampton on August 14.
Begovic joins toffees
In addition to Townsend, Everton also signed former Chelsea goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
Begovic was a free agent after his contract with Championship side Bournemouth expired. The 34-year-old won the Premier League title with Chelsea in the 2016-17 season.
"The ambition is to get this club to where it belongs. We want to be challenging for those European spots, challenging for trophies and being in that upper echelon of the league," Begovic said.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 5: Mumbai nears win vs Saurashtra; Karthik leads Tamil Nadu chase vs Punjab
- Indian sports news wrap, December 1
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Jaipur Pink Panthers match fixtures, squad preview, all you need to know
- Saudi Arabia to host Asian Champions League Elite finals
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- Puneri Paltan match fixtures, squad preview, all you need to know