Tottenham Hotspur’s Eric Dier has undergone groin surgery and will miss its final Premier League game of the season at Leeds United on Sunday, the club said.
The 29-year-old has played 42 games in all competitions this season for Tottenham, who are eighth in the league on 57 points, 12 adrift of the top four.
“The defender will commence rehabilitation with our medical staff before joining up with the squad ahead of the start of pre-season,” Tottenham said in a statement on Wednesday.
Latest on Sportstar
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years
- Fan arrested for ‘97’ slogan on shirt