Leicester City forward Jamie Vardy has retained his Premier League Player of the Month award after he picked up the accolade for November, scoring three goals in as many games in the month. The English striker’s record-breaking goal in his side’s 1-1 draw against Manchester United was the highlight of November.
That goal saw Vardy break Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record of scoring in 11 consecutive games. The 28-year-old beat off competition from Ross Barkley (Everton), Romelu Lukaku (Everton), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Troy Deeney (Watford) and Dejan Lovren (Liverpool) to win the award.
Leicester City did the double on the awards front after manager Claudio Ranieri was named Manager of the month. The Italian has helped guide his team to the top of the Premier League table, with 32 points from 15 games.
The other nominees for the Manager of the Month award were: Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool), Roberto Martinez (Everton) and Mauricio Pochettino (Tottenham).
- World Cup 2023 Live Score Warm-ups: New Zealand nears big win vs Pakistan; Bangladesh beats Sri Lanka by seven wickets
- Asian Games 2023: Accidental thrower Kiran Baliyan ends India’s 72-year wait for a women’s shot put medal
- Serie A: Milan on top but Juventus Scudetto favourites, says Pioli
- Indian sports news wrap, September 29
- Kabaddi at Asian Games 2023: Preview - On a mission to wrest back control