Wolverhampton Wanderers has signed Portugal international forward Francisco Trincao on a season-long loan from Spanish La Liga side Barcelona with the option to make the deal permanent in future, the Premier League club said on Sunday.
The 21-year-old featured 42 times and scored three goals in all competitions for Barcelona in the 2020-21 campaign, helping Ronald Koeman's side win the Copa del Rey.
Trincao joined Barcelona in 2020 after a successful campaign at Portuguese club Braga, where he scored nine goals and set up a further 13 in all competitions, which earned him a switch to the Camp Nou.
He is new Wolves manager Bruno Lage's second signing of the close season following the arrival of Colombian defender Yerson Mosquera last month.
The West Midlands club, which finished 13th under former manager Nuno Espirito Santo last season, begins its Premier League campaign at Leicester City on August 14.
- Pochettino asks Chelsea owners to be patient
- US to host Brazil for friendly ahead of Copa America
- Tsitsipas to donate $1000 for every ace at Mexican Open for Acapulco relief programme
- F1 could handle more than 24 races, says ex-boss Szafnauer
- WPL 2024: How a mother’s ambition for her daughter sparked a cricketing revolution in Sajana and Minnu Mani’s Wayanad