Norwegian goal machine Erling Haaland has taken to life at Manchester City with comfort. With blistering performances in the Premier League, the 22-year-old has helped his team accumulate wins and has personally registered an number of impressive records to his name.
Haaland created a record in Manchester City’s drubbing of United, by becoming the first player to score a hattrick in the Manchester derby since 1970.
In the Champions League, Haaland scored on debut for Man City against Sevilla, adding to an impressive tally of goals in a little over a month with the club.
Here are the records Haaland has broken since his move to Man City:
- Erling Haaland is the first player in Premier League history to score a hat-trick in three consecutive home games in the competition.
- Erling Haaland is the first Manchester City player to score a hat-trick versus Manchester United since Francis Lee in December 1970, and third overall (also Horace Barnes in Oct 1921).
- Haland broke Coventry City forward Mick Quinn’s record of most Premier League goals after seven games after the goal against Wolves. He now has 11 goals in seven matches.
- Erling Haaland has become the first player in Premier League history to score in each of his first four away games in the competition.
- Haaland is the youngest player to score for and against the same team in Champions League.
- Haaland is the first Manchester City player to score on both his Premier League debut and UEFA Champions League debut for the club.
- Haaland is the fourth player in UEFA Champions League history to score in his first appearance for three different teams (Salzburg, Borussia Dortmund and Man City), after Fernando Morientes, Javier Saviola and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- Only 31 players in Champions League history have scored more goals than Erling Haaland, who is playing his 20th game in the competition.
- According to Opta, only former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has scored more goals in a single month in the Premier League, with 10 goals in December 2013.
Haaland holds the record for the most goals in a player's first 5 appearances in the following competitions:
Premier League (9 goals)
Bundesliga (8 goals)
His 8 goals in his first 5 Champions League appearances is bettered only by Sébastien Haller (9).
Haaland breaks Nistelrooy’s record
After his brace against Sevilla, Haaland’s goal tally in the first 20 UCL appearances broke the record of Dutch forward Ruud van Nistelrooy and Spaniard Roberto Soldado, each of whom had 16 goals.
Haaland has 25 - the fastest to the figure in Champions League history.
Haaland is the first player in Premier League history to score nine goals in his first five games in the competition.
Haaland has scored 10 goals in his first six Premier League appearances for Manchester City, the joint-fastest a player has reached 10 goals in the competition’s history, alongside Mick Quinn back in December 1992.
With inputs from Opta
- IND vs AUS: Why did Ishan Kishan’s stumping attempt off Axar Patel’s bowling result in a no-ball? Rules explained
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- Glenn Maxwell hits joint-fastest T20I century by an Australian
- IND vs AUS Highlights 3rd T20I: Australia beats India by five wickets in record chase; Maxwell smashes 47-ball hundred