France cannot become dependent on the returning Karim Benzema if it is to become European champions three years after winning the World Cup, captain Hugo Lloris said on Tuesday.
Benzema was a called-up in the squad for Euro 2020 after a hiatus of more than five years following a row with coach Didier Deschamps.
ALSO READ |
While Benzema has blossomed into one of the world's top forwards, Les Bleus must keep its balance as it faces Wales in a friendly warm-up in Nice on Wednesday.
"Everyone has to adapt and everyone, not just one player, must be at their best," Lloris, 34, told a news conference on Tuesday.
Deschamps, who is set to name Benzema, Antoine Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe in the starting line-up, agreed.
"Our performance will also depend on what everyone brings. The midfielders, the full backs. I don't want to dissociate the three forwards from the rest of the team," the coach said.
France was drawn against Germany, Hungary and European champions Portugal in Group F.
- Trials to improve player behaviour, including sin bins, approved by IFAB
- IND vs AUS Live Score Updates, 3rd T20I: Australia 180/5 (18); Maxwell key as Australia needs 43 to win off 12 balls
- I-league 2023-24: Lalrinzuala’s brace rescues a point for Aizawl FC in thrilling away clash against Rajasthan United
- With IPL experience behind him, Vidarbha’s Darshan Nalkande sets bigger goals in domestic cricket
- ‘Rusty’ Tiger Woods is pain-free, curious about form