AC Milan chief executive Marco Fassone labelled the club's ban from the 2018-19 Europa League as "unfair".
Milan is appealing UEFA's decision to ban it from the competition, with the governing body citing a breach of Financial Fair Play and licensing regulations.
Fassone said the Serie A club would do all it could to have the ban overturned, with its initial appeal heading to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
"We consider the UEFA ruling unfair," he said on Monday.
"I hope the CAS will see things differently and we will fight until the very end to overturn the sentence."
Though Milan will not, as it stands, be permitted to compete in Europe's second-tier club competition, it would be free to play in the Champions League or Europa League in 2019-20 should it qualify for either tournament.
Milan was taken over by a consortium headed by Chinese businessman Li Yonghong, who then became the club's chairman, in April last year.
The club subsequently spent big before the 2017-18 campaign, signing the likes of Leonardo Bonucci, Andre Silva and Hakan Calhanoglu.
Gennaro Gattuso replaced the sacked Vincenzo Montella in November, leading Milan to the final of the Coppa Italia, where it lost to Juventus, and the last 16 of the Europa League.