The official emblem of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 will be unveiled at a ceremony here to be held on November 2.
The occasion will mark one year to go for the second FIFA tournament that India will host next year.
Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju, FIFA Chief Women’s Football Officer Sarai Bareman, LOC Chairman Praful Patel will be present on the occasion along with FIFA legend and two-time World Cup winner Kristine Lilly at the Gateway of India.
“We’re very happy to see the response from people of all walks of life, including eminent Indian sports personalities, who shall join us to celebrate this momentous occasion,” LOC Tournament Director Roma Khanna said in an interview with the official website of the Asian Football Confederation.
India had hosted the FIFA U-17 Men’s World Cup in 2017, in which England had emerged as champion.
D Y Patil Stadium in neighbouring Navi Mumbai was one of the venues for the tournament.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures