Nigeria’s Deborah Abiodun was given the first red card of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023. as her team held Canada to a goalless draw on Friday.
The yellow card given to Abiodun was upgraded to red after a VAR review in the 97th minute .
The replay showed Nigerian midfielder tackling Ashley Lawrence with her studs hitting Lawrence’s shin. She will miss their next game against Australia.
- PKL 2023: Full squad list of all 12 teams after Pro Kabaddi League season 10 auction
- England vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: BAN 220/8 (45); ENG nears big win, Topley gets four wickets
- PKL Auction 2023: Full list of sold and unsold players
- Bengal Warriors PKL Auction 2023, LIVE Updates: Full list of players, new buys, team news, remaining purse in Pro Kabaddi League
- Indian women’s hockey team captain Savita Punia vows to qualify for Paris Olympics