Argentina: Armani, Mercado, Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico, Perez, Mascherano, Banega, Di Maria, Messi, Higuain. Subs: Guzman, Ansaldi, Biglia, Fazio, Acuna, Meza, Salvio, Aguero, Lo Celso, Dybala, Pavon, Caballero.
Nigeria: Uzoho, Balogun, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo, Moses, Etebo, Mikel, Ndidi, Idowu, Musa, Iheanacho. Subs: Ezenwa, Echiejile, Ighalo, Abdullahi, Simy, Obi, Onazi, Iwobi, Ogu, Awaziem, Ebuehi, Akpeyi.
The world will be watching Lionel Messi on Tuesday as he and his Argentina team-mates attempt to rescue their Russia 2018 campaign against Nigeria.
After two rounds of action in Group D, the 2014 runner-up is staring elimination in the face, having been held to a surprise 1-1 draw by debutant Iceland before capitulating to a 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Croatia.
So much of the pre-tournament talk was whether - in what could be his final World Cup - Messi would finally experience international glory, as great rival Cristiano Ronaldo did with Portugal at Euro 2016.
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronaldo’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- IND vs AUS: Needed to bowl stump to stump to negate dew factor, says Axar
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I: India beats Australia by 20 runs to win series
- Messi leaves door open to FIFA 2026 World Cup
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s 84th grandmaster