Luis Suarez suffered an injury scare in Uruguay training on Tuesday as strike partner Edinson Cavani sat out the team session.
Barcelona star Suarez pulled up with apparent discomfort in his right leg during practice at the team base in Nizhny Novgorod and was forced to limp to the sidelines.
Suarez did manage to resume training but the incident will have caused a few concerns for head coach Oscar Tabarez, whose side takes on France in the World Cup quarterfinals on Friday.
Cavani sustained a hamstring injury during the 2-1 last-16 win over Portugal and, although he completed gym work, the Paris Saint-Germain forward was the only player in the 23-man squad not to take part in Tuesday's outdoor session at Sports Centre Borsky.
Scans carried out on Monday showed Cavani does not have a muscle tear, but his chances of starting the match against France at Nizhny Novgorod Stadium remain in doubt.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Shivam bags silver in javelin throw; Shakeel wins bronze in 800m