Argentina overcame a late Australia surge to win 2-1 and progress to the quarterfinals of the FIFA World Cup at the Al Rayyan Stadium on Sunday.
The two-time champion began the game slowly before taking the lead through a trademark Lionel Messi goal.
Aussie keeper Matt Ryan gifted Argentina the second goal after a mistake at the back, which was capitalised by Julian Alvarez.
Australia struck back through a Craig Goodwin strike took a wicked deflection to creep past Emiliano Martinez.
The South American giant will now face Netherlands in the quarterfinal on December 9.
MORE TO FOLLOW
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final
- WPL 2024: Smriti, Renuka star; RCB Women beat Gujarat by eight wickets
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Sportstar Sports Conclave — Focus Punjab: Day-long enriching sessions in store