Brazil qualifies for FIFA World Cup Round of 16 after win against Switzerland
Brazil became the second team after France to qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2022 Round of 16 stage after a 2-1 win against Switzerland on Monday.
Published : Nov 28, 2022 23:23 IST
Brazil became the second team after France to qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2022 Round of 16 stages after a 1-0 win against Switzerland on Monday.
With the scores deadlocked at 0-0 for a long time, Casemiro struck the telling blow in the 83rd minute to give the lead to Brazil.
The Selecao thought they had their first goal when Vinicius Jr found the net in the 64th minute, but a VAR overturned the goal for offside.
After securing a 2-0 win against Serbia in its opening match, Brazil, with the win against Switzerland, stands at six points from two matches and qualifies for the knockout with a game to spare.
Brazil will play its final group match against Cameroon on December 3.
Brazil has been paired in Group G along with Switzerland, Cameroon and Serbia.
- Check out Sportstar’s coverage of World Cup in Qatar
- Scan the World Cup in pictures
- Football fans, put your skills to the test with FIFA World Cup Quiz
- Soak in the rich history of the football World Cup
- WATCH: What’s happening in Qatar and who is saying what
- Here are some of the most frequently asked questions
- New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Live Score, World Cup 2023: NZ 65/0 (9); Conway, Ravindra off to flying start in 172 chase
- Indian sports news wrap, November 9
- NZ vs SL: Rachin Ravindra breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record of most runs in single edition of ODI World Cup before age 25
- NZ vs SL: Rachin Ravindra breaks record for most runs in maiden World Cup edition
- PCB accepts chief selector Inzamam’s resignation as rift grows