As the semifinals of the Qatar World Cup begin on Tuesday, France holds a significant advantage over the other contenders when it comes to speed.
With forward Kylian Mbappe leading the way at 35.3 kmph, France players have registered eight of the 13 top speeds among the semifinalists in the tournament.
Mbappe won’t have it easy on the wing when he comes up against Morocco right-back and his Paris Saint-Germain teammate, Achraf Hakimi, who matches the Frenchman’s pace in the semifinal.
Argentina captain Lionel Messi’s top speed so far has been 32 kmph, which came in the opening game loss to Saudi Arabia.
Top speeds of World Cup 2022 semifinalists
- Deodhar Trophy LIVE Score, Round 1: West bowls vs North East; East fields vs Central; streaming updates
- Ashes 2023, 4th Test: Australia retains urn after final day washed out
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters