England manager Gareth Southgate dropped Marcus Rashford from the starting line-up for the round of 16 clash against Senegal on Sunday.
RELATED: LIVE UPDATES FROM ENGLAND VS SENEGAL
Rashford is England’s top scorer in the FIFA World Cup 2022, with three goals in as many games. Two of his goals came against Wales in England’s final Group B game.
Bukayo Saka, who started in England’s first two group games, returned to the playing 11, with Phil Foden retaining his place.
Raheem Sterling too misses out after he was ruled out of contention for selection for the game because he is dealing with a family matter.
Rashford, though, came on in the 65th minute of the game, replacing Saka out on the pitch, with the score at 3-0.
Get all the results for the FIFA World Cup 2022 here: Full list of all matches, scores, results, goalscorers
- ⦿Check out Sportstar’s coverage of World Cup in Qatar
- ⦿Scan the World Cup in pictures
- ⦿Football fans, put your skills to the test with FIFA World Cup Quiz
- ⦿Soak in the rich history of the football World Cup
- ⦿WATCH: What’s happening in Qatar and who is saying what
- ⦿Here are some of the most frequently asked questions