The passionate support from subcontinental fans to the World Cup-winning Argentina team received its due recognition as the country’s football federation expressed gratitude to La Albiceleste’s huge fanbase in Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan.
“Thank you Bangladesh 🤩Thank you Kerala, India, Pakistan. Your support was wonderful!” wrote Seleccion Argentina, the official Twitter handle of the Argentina football team, which won its third FIFA World Cup in Qatar on Sunday.
Throughout the World Cup, fans in India’s Kerala, Kolkata, Bangladesh and Pakistan showered their love and affection on Argentina. They put up giant screens in public places and painted houses, cars, and faces with Argentina’s chequered blue and white colours to make the moment memorable.
In Kerala, fans put up cutouts of their favorite players, including Messi, to celebrate the festivities.
Argentina has been enjoying fandom in the subcontinent since Diego Maradona won a televised World Cup in 1986.
- India vs Netherlands Dream11 Prediction, World Cup 2023: IND vs NED playing XI, fantasy team, squads
- India vs Netherlands LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: Unbeaten India takes on Netherlands; Preview, toss updates, predicted XI
- Full list of teams qualified for Champions Trophy 2025: England makes the cut, Afghanistan to debut
- IND vs NED head-to-head record in ODIs, World Cup 2023: India vs Netherlands overall stats; most runs and wickets
- Longest winning streaks in ODI World Cup: Australia at top, India nears nine-game run ahead of IND vs NED