Gabriel Jesus has successfully undergone surgery to his right knee after suffering an injury during against Cameroon in the World Cup group stage match, announced Arsenal on Tuesday .
Jesus to begin his rehabilitation programme, said his Premier League team.
Jesus was forced off during Brazil’s 1-0 victory over Cameroon in their final Group G match. He was subsequently ruled out of the remainder of the tournament.
“Everyone at the club is supporting Gabby and will be working hard to get him back on the pitch as soon as possible,” said Arsenal in a statement.
“Gabriel Jesus after the game complained of pain in his right knee and after clinical assessment, we have asked for an imaging exam,” Brazil team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar said after the injury..
- World Cup 2023 Final: Pitch in focus as Rohit and Co. gear up for summit clash against Australia
- EURO 2024 qualifiers points table LIVE: Cristiano Ronaldo helps Portugal lead Group J Albania tops Group E
- ODI World Cup 2023: Rescue-man Miller pulls South Africa out of the rubble against Australia
- AUS vs SA, World Cup 2023: PowerPlay performance separated us, says South Africa coach Walter after semifinal loss
- ICC World Cup 2023, IND vs AUS Final: Full list of umpires, officials, match referee