France forward Olivier Giroud started for France in the FIFA World Cup final against Argentina, after reports of a knee injury suggested he might miss the match. However, he was substituted for Marcus Thuram in the 41st minute.
Giroud, who has four goals for France in this World Cup has been a focal point of the Les Bleus attack, but could not make much of an impact in the final against Argentina.
Centre-back Dayot Upamecano and Adrien Rabiot missed France’s semifinal win against Morocco due to illness. Reports came that the virus was passed on to centre-backs Raphael Varane, Ibrahima Konate and Kingsley Coman.
However, Varane, Upamecano, Varane and Rabiot all start for Les Bleus in the final after recovering on time.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Maharashtra aims to secure spot in knockouts after last season final loss
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023-24: Full schedule, teams, squads, date, venues
- Indian team leaves for FIH Women’s Junior World Cup 2023
- NBA In-Season roundup: Cavs recovers, tops 76ers in OT
- Inter Miami says ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ billed clash against Al Nassr is inaccurate