England captain Harry Kane will have a scan on his ankle ahead of Gareth Southgate’s side’s second Group B match against USA at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar, reported The Athletic on Tuesday.
According to the report, Tottenham Hotspur forward Kane was walking with his right ankle lightly strapped, and with a slight limp, after England beat Iran 6-2 in its opening match on Monday.
Kane was brought down by Iran’s Morteza Pouraliganji three minutes into the second half of the match with a tackle.
England already is worried about James Maddison’s fitness as the Leicester City midfielder missed a couple of training sessions before the side’s tournament opener.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs U Mumba: GG 10-12 UM, Mumba with the first super tackle
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: TN coach Kulkarni terms quarterfinal against Mumbai as ‘contest between red-ball and white-ball legacy’
- ECB launches cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin to be played on January 24 after snow chaos