Germany forward Leroy Sane returned to training on Friday ahead of a crucial World Cup match against Spain after missing the shock opening defeat by Japan with injury.
Sane’s right knee was strapped as he took part in the session at Germany’s training base in Al-Shamal, northern Qatar.
The Bayern Munich attacker came into the World Cup in good form, with 10 goals in 19 games for his club this season, but he missed Germany’s 2-1 loss to Japan.
Another defeat by Spain on Sunday would send the four-time champion crashing out in the group stage for the second World Cup in a row if Japan avoids losing against Costa Rica.
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs