Germany forward Leroy Sane returned to training on Friday ahead of a crucial World Cup match against Spain after missing the shock opening defeat by Japan with injury.
Sane’s right knee was strapped as he took part in the session at Germany’s training base in Al-Shamal, northern Qatar.
The Bayern Munich attacker came into the World Cup in good form, with 10 goals in 19 games for his club this season, but he missed Germany’s 2-1 loss to Japan.
Another defeat by Spain on Sunday would send the four-time champion crashing out in the group stage for the second World Cup in a row if Japan avoids losing against Costa Rica.
- Watch: Kuldeep Yadav - India’s spin wizard in prime form ahead of the 2023 ODI World Cup
- Asia Cup 2023: Gill ton in vain as Bangladesh beats India by 6 runs
- ENG vs NZ: Scorecard, match streaming updates; New Zealand needs 312 to win
- SA vs AUS, 4th ODI Scorecard, commentary and streaming updates
- Asia Cup 2023 most runs, wickets stats: Shubman Gill tops run-scorers list, Pathirana leading wicket-taker