Teams will be allowed to use up to five substitutes per game during June's Euro 2020 tournament, UEFA's executive committee ruled on Wednesday.
"As the reasons for the five-substitutions rule remain valid... and given that the rule is already in place for the World Cup qualification matches that will run from March 2021 to March 2022, it was decided to extend the amendment to UEFA EURO 2020 in June/July 2021, the UEFA Nations League finals in October 2021 and the UEFA Nations League relegation play-outs in March 2022," UEFA said in a statement.
The five subs temporary amendment to the laws of the game was introduced due to the difficulties posed by playing through the COVID-19 pandemic and is currently applied to European club games and World Cup qualifying games in Europe.
No vote was taken on the reforms to the Champions League competition from 2024 with UEFA set to vote on the plans at their next executive meeting on April 19.
- Satwik-Chirag duo loses to Liang-Wang in China Masters 2023 final
- IPL 2024 Retention Day Live Updates: Full list of retained, released, traded players; CSK releases eight players
- CSK full list of players retained, released and traded ahead of IPL 2024 auction
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag duo loses 19-21, 21-18, 19-21 against World No. 1 Liang-Wang
- Djokovic: 'I take responsibility' for Serbia defeat