Gonzalo Higuain has been handed a two-match ban after an on-pitch meltdown following his dismissal in AC Milan's 2-0 defeat to his parent club Juventus on Sunday.
Higuain endured a nightmare showing against Juve, missing a penalty before receiving his marching orders in the second half.
The Argentina international had to be led off the pitch by team-mates after he reacted furiously to referee Paolo Mazzoleni's decision to show him a straight red card.
Higuain was initially booked for dissent but was dismissed for persisting with his complaints to the official.
Lega Serie A on Tuesday announced the 30-year-old would be forced to sit out two matches, which are scheduled as the trip to Lazio on November 25 and the visit of Parma a week later.
- LeBron’s son Bronny James set to return after cardiac arrest
- LeBron James’ business manager said he bet on NBA games through illegal bookie - report
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Know the coaches of all 12 teams
- Australia’s Matildas back netballers in pay dispute, says striker Simon
- Adaptability is the name of the game for Ahmedabad Defenders coach S Dakshinamoorthy