Himanshu Jangra’s hat-trick enabled India to beat Sri Lanka 5-0 and record its third consecutive win in the SAFF under-15 football championship at the Kalyani Stadium on Tuesday.
Jangra scored twice and Maheson Singh netted once as the host took a 3-0 lead at half-time.
Jangra completed his hat-trick and Subho Paul registered one goal against his name after the breather.
In another encounter, Nepal rode on its captain Pradip Lamsal and Krishna Yadav’s braces to post a 4-1 upset win over defending champion Bangladesh.
- Karnam Malleswari: I feel proud that I was the first one to overcome the hurdles that woman athletes face
- Energy-sapped Chelsea rues missed chances against Liverpool
- Olympics: Anju Bobby George says Parul Chaudhary among ones to watch out for
- Playing the Ranji Trophy at the start of the season in October is a prudent call: Sunil Gavaskar
- P.V. Sindhu: Bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships