Hyderabad Football Club becomes the latest outfit to join the Indian Super League (ISL) for the upcoming season.
Hyderabad FC will be owned by IT entrepreneur Vijay Madduri, and former Chief Executive Officer of Kerala Blasters Varun Tripuraneni.
Speaking of Hyderabad FC's arrival in the ISL, Madduri said, “I am thrilled and proud to be a co-owner of the club and I look forward to playing a significant role in developing football in the state and reviving its past glory."
Tripuraneni, who starts a new journey with yet another ISL outfit, said, “It is a proud moment for me to be the co-owner of Hyderabad FC. Hyderabad is a city with a great football culture. I look forward to working with key stakeholders and building a strong foundation for the club, which will eventually contribute to the society and do the city proud. Our immediate task is to prepare for the new season."
The 2019-2020 season of ISL will kick off on October 20 in Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium (Kochi) with Kerala Blasters hosting ATK.
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Updates, WPL 2024: Healy vs Lanning as UPW, DC eye first win
- Indian sports wrap, February 26
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Anubhav takes six wickets as Madhya Pradesh beats Andhra to enter semifinal
- F1 2024 Preview: Longest season starts in Bahrain with Red Bull still the team to beat
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC v CFC, ISL 2023-24: Match updates, preview and more