The Indian men’s national football team is scheduled to take on Indian Super League outfit North East United FC (NEUFC) in a friendly ahead of its FIFA World Cup qualifier.
Igor Stimac’s men will prepare for the Bangladesh test by facing last season’s ISL playoff side on October 9 at the Indira Gandhi International Stadium in Guwahati, where they are currently undergoing training. There will be a reunion of sorts on the touchline when NEUFC coach Robert Jarni sets out to outwit his former Croatian team-mate Stimac.
Jarni said, “It’s a great opportunity for us to play the Indian national team before we begin our season. I am sure it will be a fantastic match and will help both sides prepare for the upcoming fixtures.”
India will face 187th-ranked Bangladesh at the Salt Lake Stadium on October 15.
- Champions League: Inter’s Inzaghi unsure what to expect from Atletico and old friend Simeone
- PVL 2024: Hyderabad Black Hawks secures comeback win against Mumbai Meteors
- WPL 2024: UP Warriorz team up with Navya Naveli Nanda to combat online trolling, creation of safe digital space for women athletes
- I-League: Late fightback sees Gokulam Kerala extend winning streak to five games
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Sense of relief for Tamil Nadu players after qualifying for knockouts