Indian football team coach Stephen Constantine has summoned 13 U-23 members from the Indian side that played in the 2018 SAFF Suzuki Cup for a camp in New Delhi as part of the senior team’s preparation for the friendly match against China.
India is scheduled to to play China on October 13 at the Suzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium at IST 5.05pm.
The 29-member squad will assemble for a two-day camp before leaving to China on October 10. This is the first time the senior team is travelling to China to play an international match. The last time the two sides met was in the Nehru Cup in Kochi back in 1997.
In preparation for the forthcoming AFC Asian Cup 2019, India will play two international friendlies in the coming months, with Constantine saying “these are the kind of games we need.”
"China are a strong team and the match will be a tough test for us. But we need to play these sort of games right now. Getting to play under pressure is important and an away fixture in China is exactly the kind of game we need,” he stated. "Hopefully everyone stays free from injury as it's going to be an important game for the build-up to the AFC Asian Cup in January.”
- Antim Panghal beats reigning World Champion Parrish in World Championships
- Mapi Leon, Patri Guijarro say leaving Spain women’s squad despite deal
- IND vs KOR Asian Games 2023, Volleyball LIVE Updates: India takes on South Korea
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score and Updates, September 20: Indians in action in rowing, pentathlon; India vs South Korea in volleyball
- India vs China, Asian Games 2023: Sunil Chhetri sets another Indian football record