Union Minister Babul Supriyo has been appointed vice-president of the Fifa U-17 World Cup organising committee. “Have appointed my friend and great football fan as Vice President of the U17 World Cup Organising Committee. Welcome aboard @SuPriyoBabul!,” All India Football Federation (AIFF) president Praful Patel, who is the chairman of Local Organising Committee, tweeted.
The singer-turned-politician thanked Patel for the appointment. “Thank U so much @praful_patel ji fr making me the VicePresident of the U-17 FIFA World Cup Organising Committee SuperExcited for football&me,” Supriyo wrote on his Twitter handle.
The showpiece event, to be hosted by India for the first time, will be played from October 6 to 28. The draw of the tournament will be held on July 7.
A FIFA team is scheduled to visit India from March 21 to 27 for the final inspection of the facilities in the six cities which will host matches of the U-17 World Cup.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: IND 307 all out; England leads by 46 runs
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win
- WPL 2024: Revamped Gujarat Giants faces uphill task against buoyant Mumbai Indians