Indian Super League franchise FC Goa on Tuesday said Spanish midfielder Edu Bedia has extended his stay with the club till the summer of 2023.
Bedia has been a member of the FC Goa first team since the 2017-18 season. In nearly five years, he has made 102 appearances for FC Goa across all competitions, notching 13 goals and as many assists.
“It has been a pleasure for me to complete various personal milestones and also to win laurels with the club. However, I believe this coming season will be my most important at the club and I fully believe we will be back amongst the top teams in the ISL,” Bedia said.
FC Goa's Director of Football, Ravi Puskur said Bedia brings a wealth of experience with him.
“We expect him to be a bridge between the existing crop of players and the new ones coming in. Edu is well aware that the challenge for him is to continue to evolve as a player and step up to the challenge that the league provides with each passing year,” said Puskur.
Over the past four seasons, the Spaniard has been a part of many iconic moments for the ‘Gaurs’, including the first-ever goal scored by an Indian side in the group stages of the AFC Champions League.
- Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh LIVE Score, Asia Cup 2023 Super 4: BAN 57/1 (12 overs) Litton joins Naim
- MotoGP: Jorge Martin wins San Marino GP sprint race
- India goes down to China in first game of U23 Asian Cup 2024 Qualifiers
- New Zealand’s Milne out of England ODI series
- SA vs AUS Live Score, 2nd ODI: Warner, Labuschagne score centuries as Australia amass a huge score against South Africa