East Bengal registered an emphatic 4-2 comeback win over host TRAU FC in the I-League on Sunday.
The visitor was trailing by a solitary goal in the first half after TRAU drew first blood through Princewill Emeka in the 18th minute.
East Bengal, which lacked steam in the first half, came back strongly in the final 45 minutes of the game as it struck in quick intervals.
Jaime Colado’s 52nd minute goal restored parity for the visitor, which did press hard for a lead.
It soon found success punching in three quick goals through Kassim Aidara in the 67th minute, Brandon in the 69th minute and Marcos Espada’s penalty conversion in the 76th minute.
TRAU pulled back a consolation goal through Patrick Uche who converted a penalty awarded to the host in the 85th minute.
As expected East Bengal started on an attacking note from the first minute. It tried making an attempt within the first two minutes when captain Aidara’s long ranger landed safely into the hands of TRAU’s Shayan Roy.
Soon after, TRAU forged forward with an inch-perfect cross from Joel Sunday to Mayowa, who could not find the back of the net, thanks to a quick reflex from Red and Golds’ keeper Laldanmawia Ralte between the post.
East Bengal’s counter attacks lacked steam and its lacklustre defence soon gave way when on a counter attack a long cross from TRAU’s Dinesh to Emeka inside the box saw the Nigerian scoring with a masterful header.
The game thereafter saw TRAU exploiting the visitor to the hilt while pressing hard to consolidate its lead but East Bengal ensured the host could not find success in its attempts.
Throughout the first 45 minutes East Bengal looked disorganised in its attempts to secure an equaliser. But things changed dramatically after the break.
- India vs Australia Live Score, 5th T20I: Gaikwad, Jaiswal start steadily; IND 17/0 in 3 overs vs AUS
- PKL LIVE Score, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi updates: Young Tamil takes on Naveen’s Dabang; Gujarat vs Bengaluru later; When, where to watch Pro Kabaddi League 2023?
- FC Goa vs Kerala Blasters FC LIVE Updates, ISL 2023-24: LINEUPS OUT, Noah Sadaoui, Adrian Luna start in summit clash
- Indian sports news wrap, December 3
- Ronaldinho says Mbappe could win Ballon d’Or with PSG