Louis van Gaal was named on Wednesday as the new coach of the Netherlands, signing a deal through to next year's World Cup final in Qatar, the Dutch football association said.
It is the third time he will take charge of the Dutch side, with his latest appointment coming less than week before his 70th birthday.
"Dutch football has always been close to my heart and coaching the national team is, in my opinion, a key position for moving our football forward. Moreover, I consider it an honour to coach the Dutch national team," he said in a statement.
ALSO READ |
Van Gaal will start in September with three World Cup qualifying matches, replacing Frank de Boer, who quit after the European Championship.
Latest on Sportstar
- Heat vs Nuggets Live Score, Game 2: MIA 88-85 DEN; Denver, Miami head for close finish - NBA Finals updates
- Denver Nuggets vs Miami Heat LIVE Streaming Info: When and where to watch the NBA Finals Game 2?
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best