SC East Bengal's Antonio Perosevic has been hit with a five-match ban by the All India Football Federation (AIFF) disciplinary committee on Tuesday.
Perosevic has also been ordered to pay a fine of Rs 1 lakh for his 'violent conduct towards match official' during the Indian Super League (ISL) game against NorthEast United FC.
In the terms of the decision passed by the disciplinary committee, Perosevic has been informed that a 'repeat violation may be met with more severe punishment'. The player and the club have 10 days to lodge an appeal.
Perosevic has already served his automatic one-match suspension. The player is eligible for selection next against Hyderabad FC on January 24.
- WPL 2024 Auction: Full list of 165 players available for Women’s Premier League auction
- BAN vs NZ, 1st Test: Bangladesh beats New Zealand by 150 runs
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronaldo’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- IND vs AUS: Needed to bowl stump to stump to negate dew factor, says Axar
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I: India beats Australia by 20 runs to win series