ATK Mohun Bagan (ATKMB) will be looking to carry forward its newly gained momentum under new coach Juan Ferrando when it takes on one of the title contenders of the Indian Super League, Hyderabad FC, at Fatorda on Wednesday.
Ever since Ferrando arrived to replace Antonio Lopez Habas, under whom ATKMB had remained winless for four rounds, the last year’s runner-up has regained its winning rhythm.
It beat FC Goa 2-1 in its last appearance to bounce back into the top-four in the current league standings.
This promises to make the contest quite keen as Hyderabad FC presents even stronger credentials as a team that has remained unbeaten in the last seven rounds. And Hyderabad is coming into the match after drubbing Odisha FC 6-1 in its previous outing.
Manolo Marquez-coached Hyderabad is presently in the second spot with 15 points from eight matches while Mohun Bagan occupies the fourth spot with 14 points it earned from its eight outings. “It will be an amazing game. We have similar styles. Hyderabad too likes to play football. They have good players,” Ferrando said about the upcoming contest.
“We are against a good opponent tomorrow and hope to continue the momentum that has taken us this far. We have faced big opponents in the past and have done well. Hope we can play in our style and win,” Marquez said about Hyderabad’s chances.
Both sides possess a potent attack and it will be interesting to see which gets its best combination together to find the target more effectively.
Latest on Sportstar
- Fiorentina vs West Ham LIVE score, UEFA Conference League: Preview, predicted lineups; Kick-off at 12:30am
- French Open 2023: Zverev gets past Etcheverry, reaches semifinals
- India vs Netherlands LIVE score, FIH Pro League updates: Match starts at 11 PM; Lineups; Preview; Streaming info
- Singapore Open 2023: Satwik-Chirag and Jolly-Gopichand suffer first-round losses
- WTC Final HIGHLIGHTS, IND vs AUS Day 1: Australia 327/3 (85 overs) - Head 146, Smith 95 deflate India on opening day