FC Goa was dealt with a shock on Sunday as coach Juan Ferrando triggered his release clause in a bid to join ATK Mohun Bagan, which parted ways with coach Antonio Habas on Saturday.
FC Goa president Akshay Tandon said on Twitter that Ferrnando informed the club of his decision this morning and "left no room for a discussion or a negotiation."
"With disappointment I'd like to confirm that @JuanFerrandoF has triggered his release clause, obliging us to release him of his duties so that he can join @atkmohunbaganfc. As long the money gets deposited in our accounts, we do not have a choice in his decision," he wrote.
"....We have a championship squad and there is already a full strength of coaches and staff to fill in the gaps in the short term," he added.
Ferrando's decision to move to ATK Mohun Bagan comes less than a day after he led FC Goa to a 1-1 draw with Hyderabad FC. FC Goa is currently placed seventh in the ISL table and has seven points from six games.
Latest on Sportstar
- NBA Finals: 3 takeaways from Game 2 as Miami Heat levels series
- French Open 2023: Swiatek to face Gauff in quarterfinals after Tsurenko retires unwell
- French Open 2023: Rune beats Cerundolo in final set tiebreak, sets up quarterfinal rematch with Ruud
- Seven punished by Spanish government for racist insults against Vinicius
- Nacho, Fati called up to Spain squad for Nations League finals