ATK Mohun Bagan's Kiyan Nassiri, son of former East Bengal legend Jamshid, scored against SC East Bengal in the Kolkata Derby in the Indian Super League (ISL) on Saturday.
Coming on as a subsititute, Kiyan struck the goal with his first touch of the game to equalise for the Mariners.
He then followed it up with two stoppage time goals to secure ATKMB a thrilling come-from-behind win and take the side to fourth on the table. In doing so, Kiyan became the youngest hat-trick scorer in the ISL history.
This was the 21-year-old forward's second ISL appearance of his career after he made his debut in the opening match of the season against Kerala Blasters.
Iran national Jamshid is a fan-favourite in the Red and Gold side of Kolkata during his spell in the 80s.
“I have heard about it. I have been told how intense and how exciting it was to play in the derby and my father always looked forward to these matches,” Kiyan said in an interview with indiansuperleague.com.
Kiyan has featured in the junior I-League and the Calcutta Football League for Mohammedan Sporting. He then signed for the Mohun Bagan U-19 team before being selected in the senior team for the 2019-20 I-League campaign.
- IND vs AUS: Needed to bowl stump to stump to negate dew factor, says Axar
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I: India beats Australia by 20 runs to win series
- Messi leaves door open to FIFA 2026 World Cup
- Vaishali Rameshbabu becomes India’s 84th grandmaster
- AFC Asian Cup 2023: Qatar unveils family of desert rodents as mascots for premier tournament in Asia