Indian Super League club side Hyderabad FC has retained striker Joel Chianese for another season. The club announced on Monday that the Australian has signed a one-year extension that will keep him with the team until the end of the 2021-22 season.
The 31-year-old will join his former side Perth Glory on a short-term deal till the end of the current 2020-21 A-League season.
After missing a few initial games due to an injury, Joel returned featured in 12 games under coach Manolo Marquez and scored thrice and crafted an assist.
He played a key role in Hyderabad FC's remarkable ISL 2020-21 campaign, where the side finished fifth and narrowly missed out on a playoff berth.
- India kits at Asian Games 2023: What do the patterns on the Indian jerseys signify?
- Manchester United goalkeeper Earps wins England Women’s Player of the Year
- Southee to undergo thumb surgery, ODI World Cup decision next week
- England’s Root to get ODI World Cup practice against Ireland
- Asian Games 2023: Indian debutants to watch out for at Hangzhou