Antonio Habas has extended his contract with Indian Super League (ISL 2020-21) runner-up ATK Mohun Bagan. The Spaniard signed a one-year contract extension, the club announced on Wednesday.
Habas is the most successful coach in the history of the ISL, having led erstwhile ATK to two titles in 2014 and 2019-20.
"I am happy that the officials have kept faith in me and on our technical staff. It will inspire us all a lot before the AFC Cup. It will boost our moral strength. Our goal now is to bring success to the club at the international level," Habas said in a statement from Madrid.
The 63-year-old led the Mariners to a second-place finish in the group stage and to the final, where it lost to Mumbai City FC .
Habas' defence was the best in this season's league stage, conceding only 15 goals in 20 games. His side's attack was spearheaded by Fijian Roy Krishna, who struck a joint-league high of 14 goals. Krishna won the Golden Ball award .
Latest on Sportstar
- UWCL final LIVE score, Barcelona 2-2 Wolfsburg updates: Guijarro nets brace as Barca equalises
- FA Cup Final, Manchester United vs Manchester City Live score: Bruno equalises after Gundogan’s early goal; Second half starts
- Coach Todd Clark lends clarity to the potential of Tavish Pahwa
- Indian sports news wrap, June 3
- Who is the referee for Man City vs Manchester United FA Cup final ?