Jamshedpur FC will look to make the cut for the play-offs this Indian Super League (ISL) season with significant improvements in the attack along with the firm presence of captain Peter Hartley at the back.
Greg Stewart, the former Rangers attacking midfielder, has joined the ISL side ahead of this season and will bolster the attack alongside Nerijus Valskis, the 2019-20 Golden boot winner.
Though Stephen Eze has been released, the defense will have the experience of veteran Hartley alongside Anas Adathodika to ensure that the team maintains a similar defensive record as last season, which was a club-record of nine clean sheets.
Owen Coyle had told
Sportstar that he would stress on youth development and the inclusion of Komal Thatal, Boris Singh and Jitendra Singh embellishes that the Scotsman is on a mission.
Listen in to our season preview on a new episode of The Full Time Show:
ALSO READ | Owen Coyle: 'There is huge potential in India'
The squad also has two Brazilians, Alex Lima and Eli Sabia, this time and Jamshedpur fans can expect some samba in the field with an aim to qualify for the play-offs for the first time in the club’s history.
The Red Miners will begin its campaign against SC East Bengal at the Tilak Maidan Stadium on November 21 with the kick-off scheduled at 7:30 pm IST.
- WI vs IND, 2nd Test: India eight wickets away from a series clean sweep against West Indies
- IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4 Highlights: Ashwin picks two, West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase vs India at stumps
- They didn’t even try playing shots, Mhambrey on West Indies batters
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France