ATK Mohun Bagan has signed former Chennaiyin FC goalkeeper Vishal Kaith, the Indian Super League side confirmed on Friday.
The 25-year-old played nine matches with the Marina Machans last season and will look to compete for the goalkeeping position at the the Kolkata-based club.
It is the the sixth signing for the Mariners, who have previously confirmed the transfers of foreigners such as Florentin Pogba and Brendan Hamill.
The Mariners, who lost the ISL Winner’s Shield to Jamshedpur FC last season, have also roped in promising 19-year-old goalkeeper Arsh Anwer Sheikh.
Both of them have been sent to Spain for a three-week pre-season training under their goalkeeping coach Javier Pindado, the club said in a statement.
Head coach Juan Ferrando will also be present during the camp which is arranged specially for the goalkeepers, it added.
With Kaith on board, it now remains to be seen whether Amrinder Singh stays with the side for the upcoming season.
Born in Himachal Pradesh, Kaith joined Shillong Lajong FC ahead of the 2014-15 I-League. He was part of FC Pune City’s squad in the 2016 ISL without getting a game, but in the next season, he was at goal for a large part of their campaign.
He earned seven clean sheets for the Stallions, which was joint-most for the season.
He joined Chennaiyin FC ahead of the 2019-20 season and featured prominently in their runners-up finish.
In 2020-21, he continued his good work in goal for Chennaiyin FC.
Overall, he has played 70 matches in the ISL, of which he has 173 saves. He has kept clean sheets in 19 matches, while conceding 98 goals.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 2/0, leads 48 runs; Crawley, Duckett open the innings
- Abhay Singh wins Goodfellow Classic squash in Toronto
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN 338 all out, leads by 155; Yash Thakur removes Manish Pandey
- IND vs ENG: Shoaib Bashir becomes second youngest overseas bowler to pick five wickets in India
- NBA roundup: Celtics tops Knicks for 8th straight win