Joao Cancelo has completed his move from Valencia to Serie A champion Juventus, signing a five-year contract with the Bianconeri.
The Portugal international, who can operate on the right of defence or midfield, underwent a medical on Wednesday after flying into Turin the previous day to complete the formalities of his €40.4million transfer.
Cancelo returns to Italy after spending the 2017-18 season on loan at Inter, making 26 league appearances as the Nerazzurri secured a top-four finish and a return to the Champions League.
However, while the deal with Inter had an option to buy, the 24-year-old defender has ended up at Juve, which has bolstered its options on the right following Stephan Lichtsteiner's departure to Arsenal.
Valencia signed Cancelo from Benfica in August 2014, initially on a season-long loan before making the switch permanently the following year.
He has scored three goals in seven appearances for Portugal, though he did not make the final cut for its 23-man squad for the World Cup in Russia.
Latest on Sportstar
- Sabalenka makes French Open last eight for first time
- Tsitsipas blasts past Ofner to make French Open quarter-finals
- Duplantis sets new 2023 pole vault best
- Champion Napoli ends season with 2-0 win over bottom side Sampdoria
- Benzema scores on farewell but Real held at home by Bilbao