Maurizio Sarri will not be on the Juventus bench for the first two games of the Serie A season, the club announced.
Sarri was diagnosed with pneumonia earlier this week and has been undergoing medical tests.
Juve said on Thursday that Sarri's latest results have shown an improvement in his condition.
But the 60-year-old, who left Chelsea to take charge of Juve, will be given more time to recover.
Juve starts its title defence away to Parma on Saturday and Sarri will also miss a home game against his old club Napoli on August 31.
"The decision was taken to allow the technician, who even today went to the JTC [Juventus Training Centre to coordinate work with his staff, to resume regular activity as soon as possible," said a club statement.
- Indian sports news wrap, December 1
- India vs Australia LIVE Score Updates, 4th T20I: AUSwins toss, to bowl first; Streaming info
- Ganguly backs Rohit Sharma to continue as India captain till T20 World Cup 2024
- Syed Modi International: Priyanshu through to semifinal
- World No 1 para archer Sheetal Devi aims for gold at Paris Paralympics