Mateo Kovacic has run out of patience at Real Madrid and wants to leave the club in search of regular action.
Croatia international Kovacic joined Madrid in 2015 from Inter after developing into one of Serie A's most promising players, costing Los Blancos a reported €35million.
But it has been a constant struggle for Kovacic to carve out a niche in the Madrid midfield, failing to oust countryman Luka Modric, Toni Kroos and Casemiro in Zinedine Zidane's favoured trio.
After Zidane made his decision to resign following a third successive Champions League success, Kovacic - still just 24 - was seen by many as one of the players most likely to benefit.
But, frustrated with starting just 37 LaLiga games in three years, Kovacic is going to look for a new start unless Madrid can offer him more starts.
Speaking to Marca, Kovacic said: "I want to play more and the best thing is to leave Madrid.
"I love football and being on the pitch. I want the opportunity to be a starter on another team. If I do not play, I'm not happy."
Premier League side Tottenham have been linked with moves for Kovacic in the past.
- Asian Games 2023, Live Updates from Hangzhou 2022: India 6-0 Singapore in men’s hockey, Bhavani Devi unbeaten in group stage, Divyansh-Ramita pair qualify for 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team bronze medal match
- India vs Singapore hockey LIVE score, Asian Games 2023 updates: IND 6-0 SGP; End of 2nd quarter; Streaming info
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 25 - India 6th after women’s cricket team secures 2nd gold medal
- Shooting LIVE SCORE Asian Games: Divyansh, Ramita to play Korea for bronze medal match in 10m air rifle mixed team; Rhythm Sangwan, Esha Singh start well in 25m pistol - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Asian Games 2023 schedule today, September 26: Indians in action, events, LIVE streaming details, timings in IST